View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #4
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
There is a lot more information to be had. The devil is indeed in the details. Where I have seen most people fail is in wire sizing and overcurrent protection. Do what you will with that information. The internet has a lot of resources available to you. Rest in the knowledge that you are not the first on this journey and there a wealth of information available to you via the web. A great place to start is to visit www.jackdanmayer.com Jack has a very, very informative series of pages regarding solar in the RV. Another I would recommend is www.technomadia.com. They went a a bit higher end however if you boondock a lot you may be interested in that level of gear. If you are interested in the second and third sentences at the beginning of my post you may also want to check out the AltE channel on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/AltEStore/videos
There is a lot of information and quite a bit of the sizing and protection videos are like stereo instructions since they get into the National Electrical Code requirements but if you follow the regulations you will have a properly wired and protected system as well. This project is very doable. Doing the work yourself will save you a lot of money. Doing it properly will save more than just money.

I had a few moments and found a couple of very good videos from the AltE site regarding wire sizing and overcurrent protection.

PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote