View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
I know all that’s sounds like a lot to take in but it really is good advice. Here is our set up based on what I wanted to use power wise. First I wanted to sit down at night and watch TV without running my generator so I located the circuits allowing me to do this next I figured out how much solar power I needed to accomplish this and how big of battery bank I needed. 4 6 volt golf cart battery’s. Next how big of a inverter in my case a 1800 watt sine wave to protect my electronics. The inverter I chose was able to be hard wired to the circuits I chose to have power to. Basic knowledge of wiring is useful. As far as solar system I went with a 400 watt with included 4 100 watt 12 volt panels and a charge controller to keep batteries maintained. I installed the system my self with a little planning to make sure all the components fit where I wanted them and all the cable lengths where proper fit. I did actually end up adding 2 more batteries and wired in a few more circuits so I could run a few more things but the solar system is still the same. We boondock 90to 95 % of the time and are extremely happy with the solar option. Love the fact that the generator sits quiet most of the time. I hope I was of some help and if you do have more questions I would be happy to be of help just PM me I’ll give you my number.
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote