View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #20
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Everybody now makes a great truck and all of them will give someone trouble as we can see. The vast majority are almost trouble free. Most of the time when people post on the net it isn’t because they are happy with whatever the thread is about but because they have had something go wrong.
If you wont the best truck go pick out the best one for you after you know what all of them has to offer and you have drove all of them several times. The best truck for me probably is not the best for you because we need and wont something different. As an example 1/4 mile ET is important to me and probably doesn’t mean anything to you.
Lynwood
I totally agree with you on this one. If you average out the issues between the big three, I am fairly sure they would be just about even. As the laws of averages goes it is likely that any one person buying one each of the three different brands will have a problem with at least one of them. Needless to say that is the one they will rail against. Prime example, I hate Suzuki outboards. Fairly safe to say that if the same person bought another product from the same company they would have a repeat of bad luck with it.

Based on that supposition, buying any one of the big 3 should be a safe bet. Overall trucks have become more dependable over the years. You can certainly get a lot more reliable miles out of a current model. While they will drive more miles it is also fairly obvious that you will see more body damage as everything seems to be either plastic or really thin sheet metal these days. You can literally put a dent in a truck body with your fist with little effort these days. Try doing that with say a 1950s model.....

The biggest difference between older models and the current batch though is ride and driver comfort! Trucks, especially larger tonnage trucks, have a far better ride today compared to what they were just a couple decades ago. Today a 1 ton dually rides nearly as well as a car and I barely notice the difference between it and a 1/2 ton. They are a very far cry from the older trucks for sure!!! There may be other reasons not to drive a 1 ton dually but it isn't the ride anymore, not even when it is empty.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote