View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 07:25 AM   #2
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
Well I have done this trip and it was a blast. There is so much to see between here and there. In Washington DC we stayed at Cherry Hill campground very nice with a buss that takes you into town so you can catch the bus for a tour of the city. Be prepared to be impressed. You will want to stay hare longer than you think. Next is New York. Crappy campground and it's the only one that is close to lower Manhattan.
This place is a dive and no sewer and the showers were nasty. There is a dump station but You don't want to move your 5er once you get it parked which was a challenge. You have to walk around the marina to catch a ferry to the city, best way to go. You need to see the 9/11 museum WOW is all I can say. The One Trade center is right there also and the elevator to the top is amazing and a must. Trust me . DON'T miss out on the view at the top. We had lunch up there. We also went to the Empire state building very cool. We went to the very top of that one also. Its more money but how many times will you be able to do this. Bring lots of money for toll roads. New York has some expensive roads and New Jersey where the campground is not cheap ether. The Statue of Liberty is a must see. You can drive there not far and you can avoid the toll road if you set your nav to avoid them. Take your senior pass National park. Dont park at the first parking lot drive down the road to the end there are spots there FREE.
We also did the new England states. Lots of lighthouses to see and we did. Vermont and New Hampshire are beautiful Get some maple syrup. Buy some for some friends or keep it all for yourself. YUMMY. I have way more to say because this trip was so full of stuff but i will let others chime in. We live in Norcal and went across the upper U.S. and back through the middle. Don't forget Cadillac Ranch. It's just outside Amarillo TX. Safe travels
The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote