View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #26
hosssmith
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14197
Duramax

I have a 2007 Classic (which means it is a 2006) 3/4 ton Duramax in every day use for my shop manager and it still does just fine with more than 300k on it. It no longer pulls an RV but still runs 50 plus miles each day. We have no fear of it.We have had to make some repairs but then so have we on my 2015 1 ton Duramax - fuel leak in the injector lines covered by warranty and replacement of the DEF tank which was NOT covered by warranty at 80,000 miles and cost me $1,500. I'm of the opinion that occasional repairs are much cheaper than years of payments AND repair expenses.

BTW, I had to have a one ton to handle my 3825RL account my 3/4 was just too light to handle the weight of the trailer. It was so overloaded that driving it was unsafe.

Maintenance is the key issue to many longevity requirements but sometimes things are going to break in spite of the best maintenance. I will delete the DEF system at the next expense. I would have deleted it instead of replacing the DEF tank if the pickup had been out of warranty.
hosssmith is offline   Reply With Quote