View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #11
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
You won't get an argument from me about that no-room-for-stackables drawback with the 3585 floor plan. Because we're living in our rig full-time (for 6 months now) while our house is being built, I could use some drawer space where that combo unit is, and I would probably have bought a stackable unit if there had been a place for it in the 3585. For the moment, however, we're very happy we chose the private bathroom choice over the stackable area choice. In another two years or so, when we hope to hit the road permanently, I'm sure we'll be balancing bathroom arrangements with storage space, among other things. It definitely would be nice to be drying one load while the next is washing--that has to be a time saver. Maybe I was "broke" right by living for a year in an old Cardinal 5th-wheeler with only one 6' slideout and no space for even a washboard and laundry tub. Every stick-building experience equals an RV living experience for us, and every time we get a little bit smarter about what we need vs. what we THINK we need and what we like vs. what we don't like in a floor plan. Still, we love our 3585.
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote