View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 08:08 PM   #24
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I`ll throw my 2 cents in as well.My first RV was a 2003 prowler TT.We just started Rv`ing then.Why I waited so long i`ll never know.First trip out ro a camp ground parked next to a guy that had a 32 foot Chaperal 5th wheel.He invited my wife and I in to look at it.And we got hooked on the idea of having a 5th wheel.Here I am with a brand spanking new TT and now we start looking for a 5th wheel.Wanted to buy brand new.Went to every dealer and Rv show we could for the next 6 monthes.I was in and out of every 5th wheel they make I think.We just loved all the Montanas that we were in.But I couldn`t afford the price.

Happen to stop by the dealer we bought our TT from.Was talking to the sales guy and telling him our thoughts.he said come with me.We walked back in his over crowded lot and saw a very dirty 5th wheel.This was in March of 2004.I told him that we really wanted a new unit.he said this one is new.Its a 3 year old left over.he told us that they over stocked their 5th wheel inventory and this unit for some reason or another hasn`t sold.We took a look inside and loved the lay out of the island kitchen and every thing else about it.

he told us it will come with a FULL warrenty.But it was god alful dirty.i`am talking black streaks form hell.The sales guy told us to think about it.Cone back up in a week or so.And take a look at it again.

So we did.Couldn`t believe it was the same 5th wheel that we saw just 6 days earlier.It was beautiful.New tires on it.The outside finish was georgous.And he gave us a price that was in our range.I made a few calls to keystone asking them certain things which I had read on this forum.Does sit have the 10 inch beams(yes)Even though its 2004 now and this unit is a 2001 will it have a full warrenty like the dealer said it would(yes)

So we took the plunge and bought it.I have had some headaches with it.If you read any of my post you will know.But we are thrilled to death to be so lucky as to have this unit.To go into a camp ground and have people come up to us and say "my what a beautifully rig"always puts a smile on my face.

No matter what brand you buy or how much money you spemd problems may come up.

One camping outing we were parked next to a guy that had a 2004 "New Horizon"5th wheel.This is probably one of the best top of the line 5ers you can buy.Its custom built.he invited us in to see it and it was beautifully,no question about it.But he spent over 90 grand for it.And had a list of problems with it that would have made me sick.didn`t really borther him a whole lot.Talk about a layed back guy.We invited him in to see ours and he said wow maybe I should have went with a Montana and saved myself 40 grand.That made me feel so proud.

People post in here of problems that they are having.I am one of them.but the vast majority of Montana owners aren`t having problems.And this forum is only a small percentage of Montana owners.

venting your problems and getting answers and suggestions and compassion is the beauty of this forum.I have been upset but am very comfortable with our decision on our purchase.

And even though I still have some things to work out and get resolved.Keystone has been very good to us.And we have no regrats on our purchase at all.We love our Montana and we love this forum and the people that are on it.

Wow talk about a long post.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote