View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 06:23 PM   #23
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I am one of those who bought a preowned unit. Mine was used for 18 months by full-timers. After 18 months and 8000 miles, the unit is in pristine condition. Prior to looking at the unit I bought, I scoured the local new unit market. This unit looked every bit as bright and shiny, inside and out, as the new ones.

I was shown the service records for the unit, was taken for a point by point inspection of the unit, and was schooled in the hookup/unhook and setup procedures. Additionally he went with me to a large parking lot to practice backing and parking. I don't even know a dealer who would serve me as well as this previous owner.

He had put in a new battery, filled the propane tanks and tossed in about $3000 worth of extras. "I just wanted to make sure I treated you as I would want to be treated," was his comment and philosophy.

He told me what to expect in continuing maintenance, such as, I should expect the travel motion to possibily loosen the drains in the sink and lavatory. So watch it and if it loosens, replacing the plumbers tape is a quick and easy fix.

I have determined that maintenance on a frequently used RV is a bit like being nibbled to death by a duck. The pain is not sharp just regular.

His treatment of me and truthfulness with me has given me every confidence in the reliability of Keystone as he proclaimed. By-the-way, he is a pilot and an aeronautical engineer showing compulsive tendencies of meticulous expectations.

My wife and I will be full-timing in about six months. As I did when I had my first house built, I have determined that I WILL enjoy this adventure and not let the "little foxes spoil the vineyard."
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote