Thread: Long Road Trip
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #11
adams7806
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18681
We returned today from a 90 day, 17 state, 9,884 mile trip. It was wonderful but there are a couple things I will change when we do it again. We had several spots that were just overnighters, to get us to our next destination. No more of those. We would have a minimum of 2 days in every location. I also like Loneoak's idea of not making your reservation till your ready to move on. We had reservations in every location so we had no flexibility. Also, don't over shop! We took a lot of food but found it was more fun to shop when we got somewhere so that we could taste to local foods. We did not have and RV specific GPS and had to reroute a couple times because of low clearance or other issues. We got a new GPS about 2 months in to our trip. We tried not to travel past 2:00 pm. that way we had time to get set up and relax. We stayed mostly in local RV parks and only in KOA 2-3 times. We found that prices were better, and we met a lot more local folks.

Bottom line, go and enjoy! If you see something that looks interesting, stop! We had a ball and I've already started planning a trip that will take us in to Canada and through the Northeast.
adams7806 is offline   Reply With Quote