View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #9
pkbridges77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pkbridges77

Will be fun to see the opinions posted again! My Monty has a GVWR of 14,040 and an actual weight of 12,760. I bought the truck before we even thought of a fifth wheel - 2015 F-250 6.7 diesel. Wonderful truck pulling our vintage canned ham. Then the DW finds our future home (aka the Monty) and we pull it on several outings with the F-250. Diesel will pull 10 of those at the same time, but the rear feels squishy and wind and semis suck the truck from side to side. I do some more research on GVWR and see who is pulling what with what, then start researching prices, and find a '16 F-350 DRW identical options to the F-250. Bit the bullet and took a little hit on the trade, but actual purchase price of the F-350 was less than the -250. Have never regretted the trade for as many miles/years we plan on pulling a 5er, Lord willing. It's also a LB where the previous was SB. The SRW is a much nicer daily driver but if you learn to back into parking spaces the DRW is not bad. I really enjoy the confidence of the DRW, but you will find many many other opinions..
pkbridges77 is offline   Reply With Quote