View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
Siriustoo
Established Member

M.O.C. #19298
New 2017 Montana 3710 based in Ottawa

I have been a member of the forum for two months now, and finally brought our 3710 home. I have learned a lot from reading the forums and was way better prepared for the PDI and drive home. Thanks everyone for your help.
I think it was one of the last 3710's built, with a VIN ending in 1522.
The unit was built in December, and the build quality is good. I had read a few horror stories, however after spending 3 hours going over our unit before we left the dealership I only found a few minor issues. A small gap in the caulking on the roof, a stone chip on the front cab and a scratched screen door. I'm hoping it stays that way. Perhaps units built in a less busy time get the attention they deserve, who knows.
I took it straight to the scales. With me, about 100lbs of tools, the Demco 21K autoslide, full 30lb propane tanks, 12V battery and ladder and 50amp cable the truck weighed in at exactly 11,500lbs, the exact capacity of my SRW F-350.
Total weight was 21,980
I'm definitely going to have to be careful with the cargo.
I drove around for about two hours in a mix of country and highway driving with a good 20mph cross wind and several passes by semi's and it handled about the same as my F-150 with the 27' TT.
Our trips this year will be close to home, however if we decide to do a big roadtrip next year I'm going to give some consideration to a DRW.
You will find us a Fish Creek Pond, NY for several weeks over the summer. We usually have a sign on the post, so if you see a Montana from Ottawa please say hello.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Montana 3710.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	221  
Siriustoo is offline   Reply With Quote