View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:16 AM   #1
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
offers we couldn't refuse

Bill is retiring after 31yrs, fisher body,hydramatic,saginaw, american axle, UAW staff. I'm just plain takin' the buy out 10yrs. AAM.

So we made a quick decision (after talking about it for a few years) to head to Alaska for a 2 months or longer trip. Our Kids are excited for us and have offered to take care of the house yard etc. We've taken the rig to Mor/Ryde for upgrates and the truck to the dealer for general maintaince.

Thanks to this forum I think we'll be ready. From Generator tips, thanks Rich and Bingo, we now have the Kipor. To reading other tips on tires for the rig, glad we don't have the dreaded Missions, to the new Michelins I'm putting on the Chevy.

We've also applied for and have received our pass ports, signed papers from the vet for the dog and our extra meds. A Good Sam's card has also been added to my wallet.

We are traveling with 2 other couples, 1 has a motor home with a toad and the other a smaller fifthwheel. We have no reservations so we are playing it by ear as far a where and when. I bought a new lap top so will be able to keep in touch with family and friends, plus take care of finances while on the road.

Thanks for listening, just had to tell our news. Gotta go now and help Bill find his spotting scope, mosquito gear, etc. Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote