View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #10
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
BK, We stepped up from a 26' TT to our Monty after a 6 week trip to New England. DW informed me if we were going to do trips of that duration more space was needed. Biggest mistake we made was going too small. I really got hung up on the lengths as it related to towing. As I found out too late 34' long tows about the same as 38'. The length does limit access to some of the older state parks we like to visit and I think it will keep you out of some the "off the beaten roads". If those kinds of places are really important to you a larger unit may not be the right choice. She wanted the rear kitchen and loves it. I like it also until both of us sit down to watch TV. One of us, (guess who), is too close to the TV. It works just not as comfortable as it could be. Now I am too cheap to correct that mistake but if we had to do it over again we would go with the 3400. As the others have said take the time to spend a lot of time in each unit before you make your decision. Visualize the day to day situations you will encounter while traveling in your unit. You will know when it is right.
Don't want to leave you with the impression we hate the 3000RK. We love it and use it a lot. In our travels we have also meet the nicest people and many of the meetings happened via this forum. Just wish we had the advice of this forum before we made our decision. Always read Phil's post saying "Best Darned Forum on the WWW!!!". He's right. Good luck with your decision. Jim