View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 02:28 AM   #22
donscomp
Established Member

M.O.C. #11167
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Don N Debbie,
First, welcome. I'm an SOB, but they let me hang around here from time to time.

First, as I understand it, there are two separate inputs for televisions, one in the back bedroom and one somewhere else. It may well be that they are for two feeds for separate televisions. It doesn't feel likely that they would go to that way of hook-up, but its possible, I guess. If you are only going to use one satellite receiver, try using barrel connectors in the bedroom to hook two cables together and see if you get a signal. If so, then that would be one way to do it.

Second, I have an older satellite Dish VIP 722 receiver. It has dual inputs, and a "distribution out" that feeds a tv in the back bedroom. By trial and error I got cables hooked up that allows me to watch both tv's using satellite. On the back of my receiver is an Antenna In rf connector. for a few years I left it alone figuring it was just a way through-put to the receiver. Then, one day with almost no Honey De's I stuck the antenna in it and started messing around. What I found was that it is that it may be a through-put, but if I go into my system setting and "scan for local channels" using the satellite system menu, they will appear in my guide list, a different color, with guide like information, and I can select the tv antenna (or cable, I think - haven't tried cable.) channel using the guide selection or channel up-down button. There is no need to change "input" type.

Good luck, and again, welcome.
Thank you Wayne. I have many things to try.
Thank you for the welcome. And more so. Thanks for your service.
Don
donscomp is offline   Reply With Quote