View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 03:09 PM   #16
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
I replaced my Black Tank Summer 2018. It had cracked about 3/4 of the way around the outlet fitting (Honey Wagon suction with a VERY full tank the likely cause) and my less than ideal Plastimend fix and subsequent Flexseal Tape would not stop the leaking... So RV surplus took 2 months to get me a new Tank. Upon removal I also discovered The 12 year old Tank also had a small/degraded looking HOLE (not cracked) in the corner closest/opposite the outlet (how did that happen??). My Tank support bar/beam was just screwed in so just cutting the vent pipe and outlet plumbing was all it took to remove the tank. Replacement was a struggle to push the Tank Flange up/into the fixed brace under the floor insulation and its just a hair lower after putting up the removable brace - a two person job.
I added some more supports and used Flexible Rubber fittings from Outlet to drains/valve and between the Toilet downpipe and inlet tank fittings. Fitting a flexible rubber fitting from the tank to the outlet vent pipe in the most inaccessible top tank corner was another installation struggle.
While the bottom was down I also re-plastimended around the Grey tank outlet and braced that tank too.
Have not noticed leaking while camped, but a few months ago after being in storage I noticed a gallon or so of water leaked out the belly while pulling the trailer out of storage so something must be leaking slightly albeit not visible on 3 RV trips since then...
We Never go more than 2 nights on the Gray tank or 7 days on the black. But have traveled with 2-4 days in the Black tank (like to have enough in it to dump well).
THESE TANKS Are so CHEAPLY made! But I suppose good enough for weekenders...
RRman is offline   Reply With Quote