View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 04:25 PM   #5
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtiss & Sharon Dorr View Post
Help! It can’t be that complicated... can it?!

We just picked up our new 2018 Montana 3120RL and the low-point fresh water drain (driverside in the tank drain control center), when open, will not release / drain fresh water tank. Tank reads 3/4 full on interior gauge. The hot water heater low-point drain works great... what am I missing? (It can’t be that complicated!)

Thanks!

Curtiss
I think you are confusing the low point drain for the coach cold water plumbing with the fresh water TANK drain. The drains where you tie in your water supply on the drivers side are actually designed to drain your water lines throughout your coach. The fresh water TANK is lower than all that plumbing and will have a drain coming off of it. Not sure exactly where your tank is located but I am sure someone will clear it up here. Also take note that if you have an icemaker in your unit there will be a second drain line under the coach that drains the line going to the icemaker. The icemaker line does not at least on our unit does NOT drain thru the low point drain.

Basically to drain ALL your lines you have to open the hot and cold low point drains, Open the spigots inside for air. Open both the fresh water tank drain and the icemaker low point drain. Plus you have to take the Cathode plug out of the hot water tank so it will drain (hot water tank does not drain out of the hot plumbing low point drain line only the plumbing lines do).

If your trying to winterize your unit there are several good threads on here related to that as well.....
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote