View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 08:36 PM   #38
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
There are a lot of good suggestions on here.that I can't argue with.

I had a 2004 Chevy Silverado HD2500 Cab & 1/2 4WD Diesel. Pulled a TT until 2010 when bought a Montana Mountaineer 326RLT. My Dealer suggested a slider hitch due to the 6.5 foot (or so) truck bed. So I let them install the slider. It's called an EZ Roller. On our first trip to the campground I slid the hitch to it's rear position with the RV attached just to see if I could do it and then rolled it back to the front position. Pulled for 2 years then traded the Chevy for a Dodge 3500 with an 8 foot bed. That is the only time I have ever had the hitch in it's rear position. I transferred the hitch to the Dodge. I have a tool box that sits on the rails about 6 inches above the rail in my Dodge. The Dodge also has rails that are about 1 3/4 inch higher than the Chevy. So the tool box can come about as close to the RV as the cab of the Chevy did. But that is in a very tight backing.

My Mountaineer has the Max Turn Technology also. If I ever backed short enough to hit the RV with either truck, it's a backing turn that I'm not going to be able to follow without pulling ahead and straightening out. My slider is only a manual but if I ever needed it, I have it.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote