View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #34
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
My Superglide story

While making a sharp 180 turn at a truck stop, the emergency breakaway cable pulled out due to the cable catching on something. As the truck straightened, the trailer brakes prevented the auto slider from returning to it’s forward position. The torque created by the 38’ trailer not wanting follow the truck, caused the entire jaws holding the 5th wheel’s pin to tear loose and slide off the truck. I’ve seen pictures of this happening to others both Superglide and the Anderson hitches. I currently have used the Anderson hitch on my last 2 5ers and love it. The weight difference between the Anderson and Superglide is substantial. The Anderson base is reversible to move the 5th wheel 8” closer or further from the truck’s cab as is the socket assembly on the 5th wheel’s pin box. I currently pull a 42’ FL3700 with my truck. I’ve notice no chucking or adverse effects from strong winds pulling the FL3700 from Kalispell to Phoenix, to finger lakes region of NY then back to Phoenix over the last 8 months.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote