View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 02:24 PM   #6
Montana_2194
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2194
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rames14

I work in the auto industry and the RV industry does not have near the quality level on a PPM basis - but they don't make as many either. If you really look at other websites, you will find that all brands have issues. The nice thing about Montana is that they listen to their customers and make changes as appropriate. The other thing is that what I have found in the RV world is that the dealer can make all of the difference. We had a Forest River TT before the Montana. Almost all of the brands use the same brands of refrigerators, stoves, A/C, axles, etc. The construction methods on the Montana were first rate but very employee dependant. They have no written procedures, its all done by experience. But, they really are well built and willing to stand behind their units. If you follow the posts, eventually they get the factory involved if they have to. I think you will find there are some major issues but for the most part they are no. But regardless, Keystone helps make it right, even outside of warranty.
Thanks so much Rames14,

That was the kind of measured response and re-assurance that I was looking for. And thank you for understanding my angst. I am pondering buying an excellently presented 2000 3255 or something with two slide-outs, and it has been hardly used. But of course, there will be no warranty, and I don't wish to be in the shop half or three quarters of the time.

Your re-assurance and understanding is most welcome, and what I had hoped to hear.

Jhadley
Montana_2194 is offline   Reply With Quote