View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Mods for the TV hole COMPLETED by 90%

DW went out a bought a new flat screen TV Vizeo Razor 1" thick for the monty, and Im so happy to get that 65 lps monster out of that hole, moving it was a act of God almost.
I'm to cheap to spend money for a bracket so I improvised and came up with this I idea, a cabinet door that has a Piano hinge that will be screwed into the OEM cabint face frame then I can use the inside for DVD's and CD's
I will up date the pictures as the project goes forward, I cant install and take pictures all at once due to being parked on my street and with my neighbor parked in front of his home and if the street side slide is to be opened ot access the TV Hole I would become a hazzard to traffic so I have to wait untill Pete moves his car then I can post more pictures.
here are a few Pictuers to give you a Idea of what I'm trying to convey to you.

door being stained to match the original cabinets,

I have the door up now but you will have to wait untill I take some more pictures. should be by tomorrow.

On Edit today Sunday 1/16.11

Ok here it is conected and up I will do the rest a the Q hooking up the wires and stuff.

here it is with the door open to access the wire and connectors this space will get a CD and DVD holder installed when we returm frpm the Q.

And with it closed I wii have to shave some of the door bottom off because the cabinet frame was not square it makes the door look out of square with the margin at bottom.

This picture shows how much room is between the slide and the TV LOTS so when you open it wont hit.