View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #24
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
UPDATE: 3
Yesterday they did a swallowing test on my mother-in-law and they said she could not swallow at all. They said they wanted us to come to the hospital early this morning so the Dr could talk with us about putting a feeding tube in her. They said that since she was on a blood thinner that they would be afraid to insert the tube directly into her stomach, instead they wanted to put it through her nose. Well, when we got to the hospital this morning she was talking up a storm. We could understand most that she was saying. She was wanting water. They wouldn't let us give her water, just a few ice chips. Then my wife picked up her left arm and hand and told her mother to squeeze her hand. She squeezed it, and then jerked it away from my wife. Oh my, GOD is great. They didn't think she would ever be able to move her left arm. I am so excited right now that I can hardly type this message. They still say she can't swallow, and any liquid she gets is going into her lungs; but, she is not coughing or getting strangled at all. If GOD will just let her be able to talk, and eat, we won't ask for anything more. Please pray for her that GOD will heal her throat so she can eat and talk. I just can't say enough about what an awesome group the MOC family is. My wife and I thank you all for your words of concern and prayers.
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote