Thread: Banks equipment
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #8
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
All depends on your Dealer and to what extent the damage is to the engine for warranty. If you raced it and literally destroyed the power train; yes your warranty will be void. I have a friend that ran chips to increase the horsepower substantially on a 6 liter and had problems with the head bolts. Ford went good on this repair a number of times before they said that the horsepower developed was above the capability of that engine. Remember; Ford wants to continue to sell trucks and the Dealer must move them.
I have personally made modifications to mine and have discussed that with our General manager of the Dealership. I was simply getting tired of high fuel consumption, many exhaust filter regens and lack of capable horsepower. After the modifications my 09 6.4 is a totally different truck. Pulled our Monty over this recent weekend 380 miles at 65 miles per hour and the exhaust gas temp never exceeded 1100F in the hills and 750F on the level with the 210 horsepower tune. The accesability to power train data is just exceptional compared to stock. There is no lag in acceleration and our fuel mileage has increased 2 to 2.5 miles per gallon (hand calculated) while towing the 14,000lbs. We have not had a chance to check the mileage as an empty truck yet.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote