View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
SteveandTerri
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22227
Refrigerator stopped working on 120 V - on the road and looking for help

The wife and I are at Ellsworth AFB in Rapid City, SD on a 3 month journey. Heading for the Rally in Goshen next week. Woke up this morning and the refrigerator temp was up to 54 F. We've been at the Base's RV Campground for 3 days and the Refer's been operating on 120V at 34F with no problems. I checked the power: the receptacle into which the Refer plugs is good at 120V.
I unplugged the refer from the 120V source and it switched to LP. The temp started dropping so the LP system seems to be OK. The refer is a Dometic Model RM1350SLMX, MFG No 958625499. I called Dometic and they advised that I take it to an RV Tech for troubleshooting. They also said I could check the 5 amp circuit breaker on the refer control panel: I did, it's good.

So... I'm hoping someone has some ideas on what the problem could be and troubleshooting advice? Our current plan is to operate on LP until we get to the Rally and then seek help from the experts in attendance. Worst case - if the Refer quits altogether before we get to the Rally: we'll put the cold stuff in ice chests and turn the Refer OFF.

I'm thinking troubleshooting and diagnosing the issue would make for a good tech session at the Rally(?)

Thanks in advance to all for your help & advice!

Steve
SteveandTerri is offline   Reply With Quote