View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 04:16 AM   #12
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
I also recommend at 1 ton truck. Your choice of makers. They are all good. The short bed with a slider hitch is a good selection. I would recommend the extendacab or crew cab for the extra space in the cab. For your needs, buy the single axle. We tow with a ford F350, single axle and pull a simular size trailer. The new ford diesels are quite, get good milage, and ride like a car. Also look for program cars and trucks. Several large dealers lease them out for a year and then resell them 12-15000 below what they sold for new. You getr the new warranty, and a new truck.
Ken and Velda
Dahlgren VA
2003 3655FL Montana/Ford F350 Diesel

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by justdiana

Hello!
I work as a "traveling" xray tech. My company sends me all over the US to hospitals with tech shortages. My assignments last for 3 months at a time, and I usually end up staying for 6 or 9 months. They pay for a furnished apartment, or I can opt for a housing allowance. I am seriously considering some fulltime RV options. I am currently in the DC area, and I have been considering the 3400rl. I am also considering some Class A RVs, but I prefer the floorplans of the Montys. My biggest reservation is having a truck for my main vehicle. I don't mind driving something big, I just wish they were more comfortable. I am going to the Midwest RV show in South Bend, IN in August, so I hope to get a better idea then. I would appreciate any comments at all....especially relating to fulltiming. Is it going to be difficult for me to find long term RV sites? I usually find out where I am going 1-2 weeks before I leave.

Thanks for your help and advice!
Di
ken is offline   Reply With Quote