View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've always been a Ford guy (well, that's true, but I've owned more GM than any other brand in my life.) but, when ready to trade, the 6.4 was brand new. I just was not willing to be an early adopter again. So after driving all applicable brands we chose the Dodge and have been very, very happy with it and its towing performance. I understand the tests say it's slightly (very slightly) slower up the hill than the others but it does so with little fuss. It isn't screaming at high rpm. Vicki says it never seems to work hard. The engine will long outlast the others. And we're very pleased with the truck overall. 44,500 on it so far, a little under 18,000 of that towing this 14,620 lb Montana.

Mac, I've not seen that article and have no idea what it says. Do you have a link? If so, would you click the envelope icon above this post and email the link to me? Thanks. I'm often a bit wary about Consumer Reports evaluations except when they base it on facts from owners. Their other evaluations often use criteria not important to me and don't consider those important to me. Still, I would like to see what they have to say, good or bad. Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote