View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 03:26 PM   #19
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
I must live in a different world. We worked at Disney world during our Florida winter stays and the young people we worked with were hard workers most of them seasonal working their way through school. Perhaps we know the wrong young people as we see hard working young folks trying to improve themselves.

We have been through I think every RV manufacturer assembly line in the Elkhart area and we see people working hard under what I consider harsh conditions.

IMO the worker is not at fault for poor quality or workmanship the company sets the rules and controls the work environment. The worker assembles the RV with parts provided by the vendors according to rules set by the manufacturer.
The worker is responsible for workmanship, the company for the parts. If the worker says, this is not working, We have a better way, the company should listen.. If the quality of a part is always causing warranty issues, ie, thetford toilet, it is much cheaper to remedy the situation with thetford, or go to another supplier. If cutomers complain about blow outs, its cheaper for the company to fix this. Returns to the dealer for warranty work are much cheaper to fix at the point of origin than out in the field where dealers and customers get frustrated.As far as workng condirtions, aint no use in complaining when you got a job to do.. it dont get done looking at it. I have worked in snow, 15 below zero, rain, heAt and wind.. Aint no biggie...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote