View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 04:40 PM   #1
PeteMorris
Established Member

M.O.C. #19208
Going from Dubois WY to W. Yellowstone MY

We are planning a cross-country trip this coming summer and will be relocating from Longhorn Ranch in Dubois WY, (east of Grand Teton), to Grizzly RV in W. Yellowstone, (outside the west entrance of Yellowstone), just prior to the 4th of July.

My Garmin GPS wants me to take Route 26 west, then 191 south to Jackson. It then suggest that I take Route 20, (the Teton Pass?) up to W. Yellowstone.

I want to take Rout 26 west, the, 191 north into Teton NP, follow the Rockefeller Parkway up to the South entrance of Yellowstone, go thru the park to the west entrance and exit into W. Yellowstone. This route appears to be shorter. Am I missing something?

Is there fuel services on the Rockefeller Parkway? What are the grades like? I don't ASSume that I will have any height restrictions? Am I saving any time / distance?

I have never experienced a 10 degree grade such as the the Teton Pass, but I am not overly concerned about it. I have had my truck / trailer on a CAT scale recently and all weights are within limits, but my GCW is certainly pushing the limit. I am equipped with a jake brake. My truck, and trailer are both new so tires, brakes, etc are good to go. So as long as I go slow and cautious I'm sure that I will be alright

Any suggestions or advice will be really appreciated.
PeteMorris is offline   Reply With Quote