View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Major disappointment

Over the last five years, I have been supportive of Keystone. We have enjoyed our Big Sky and have rolled with the maintenance and repair issues. Now I am perplexed by Keystone's response, not to me, but to one of their dealers in Raleigh, NC.

I am having my black tank and my galley tank replaced because they ruptured. The two tanks were ordered by the dealer based on the serial number and manufactured date of my rig. Two tanks were shipped, one late. The black tank was the correct one and has been successfully installed. The second arrived 4 days late and was the wrong tank. The discharge nozzle was on the wrong side.

Keystone's response was that they only show two tanks on my rig, the black tank and the galley tank. They shipped the grey tank because they were "guessing" it would work. This is not competent, professional service to the dealer or to me. Now they say they don't know what tank goes into my unit and have asked for measurements. That info will not be delivered to Keystone until Monday.

Delays and more delays that are costing me, not Keystone, not the dealer, money. The dealer and the repairman have been straight with me and with Keystone. No, I haven't called Keystone. The issue is between the dealer and Keystone. I am caught in the cross fire. I am trying to be patient and treat others with the respect I would want to receive, but I am angry. It is costing me money for every extra day I have to stay here.

Who is at fault? Not the repairman, he supplied the correct information to the dealer. Not the dealer, they ordered the part Keystone told them to order. That leaves Keystone with either incompetence in keeping records or an incompetent staff.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote