View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 PM   #30
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Heres my two cents worth. When talking CO2 fumes LP is cleaner burning fuel than gas by far and produces whole lot less harmful CO2 than regular gas fumes are, that's why must all installed units are propane, plus you already have propane fuel source.
In my new rig I order it with install Onan 6500 LP straight from the factory. Reason and main reason was last year while at the beach for week 100 plus outside all rigs pulling all power they could, the CG blew huge transformer and it ran back into all the pedestals and burnt up wiring and all that that unit was feeding. It cut the power out to half the the CG for over 48 hours. luckily enough my neighbor had Class A with gen set that I ran a drop cord from over to me to run fans inside the camper. Was not real fun two days with kids and wife in camper of over 90 plus inside temps.
Also happened at CG over fall storm hit the area killed power for at least 12 plus hours so it would have come in handy then as well. So when I ordered new rig I got it with gen set installed so i never have to worry about it again
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote