View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
One of these days I really should get up under there for a look see. This type of problem for that tank is more common than I'd wish, and I'd rather look up in there to prevent a problem that have to deal with it when the problem arises.

I've always wondered that when the handle comes off that the cause was that the handle eventually just spun off and just screwing it back on is the trick or if the plastic fitting it fastens to just broke or something similar. If the handle breaks that's a whole set of different solutions.

Right now, the problem I'm having is that after towing some distance and I keep ALL the tank valves closed, I always seem to have a bit of gray water in the sewer dump pipe that I have to drain before completing a connection to the CG sewer hookup. I suspect the galley tank is not closing properly or the seal is not 100%. Fortunately, I have a sewer cap with a hose fitting that I can open and predrain before completely removing the sewer cap and completing the connection. One of these days I fear it will be black tank stuff, then ugh, the smell, but so far, it's mostly clearer grayish water!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote