View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #24
Neil.M
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12816
It's not the years, it the miles! And it all depends on the kind of miles you put on the ole' body. Viet Nam and then a quarter century in police work with many of the years in Narcotics. Bad hours, bad food, periods of stress and lots of frustration with the system which added more stress. Then a couple of injuries and Agent Orange exposure from Nam starts to catch up with you and the next thing you know lots of stuff starts going wrong with you. Now, at age 63 I ride a scooter in the big box stores, need a cane to get to the scooter and am now a 100% disabled vet. My going from doing everything from plumbing to auto repairs out of necessity and lack of expendable income is now doing what I can and hiring the rest. I don't let my inability to do things bother me because I know what my limitations are and I wouldn't trade any of my life experiences for better health today. I have had a great life with my bride of 43 years by my side. So my advice is to just do what you can and get help for the rest and just enjoy life to the fullest.
Neil.M is offline   Reply With Quote