View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #19
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
We have the 3791RD which is 40' long and I have a CC F350. Using the Furrion S observation cameras with rear and side view and 7" monitor the video is stunning in daylight. Very good reception. For me, it was well worth the cost.
Now I have a much different experience, I have the factory installed Furrion 3 camera system although the 5" screen, I have no issue with the screen size (yes larger wold be nice) however all the furrion monitors are 720p (Non HD) on my 3791RD with F350 CC SB the signal from the rear cam is not smooth at all while driving (very jumpy) Side view is OK but my mirrors provide a better view and perception.

Because the cameras are so wide angle it distorts so the cameras do not provide any depth perception. What little backing I have done I do not use the Furrion at all, while driving I do look at the rear view and do not use the side views.

I really thought the side cameras would be helpful for blind side backing, but not at all.

The thing about Furrion is their products cost 3 times that of others that have better equipment and resolution. This technology is nothing special. I would be just as well off installing a Ring Doorbell on the back with a RV centric wifi network LOL.

My Class A had a in dash monitor as well I could use the screen on the stereo for the rear and side cameras. What I am waiting for is a cam system that can utilize my in dash screens instead of these cheap plastic dash top screens. How hard would it be for one of the cam manufactures to simply provide a module that plugs into the video input of the indash stereo system?

Like I mentioned Furrion wants nearly $600 for the 7: screen alone (no monitors) and it is garbage compared to the others for 1/3 the cost. Last year I installed a off brand 7" on my 48' Boat so I could have rear view while underway and for mooring since I back in. I paid $180 for it and the resolution is amazing and not distorted.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote