View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We stayed overnight at Escondido RV Park when we had warranty work at Beaudry the next day. I'll second Sue's comment it is a nice park. My only problem with that one is if you want to go down into the San Diego area very much then you'll spend an awful lot of time in traffic on I-15. Horrible.

The last place we lived in the area was in Poway, just south of Escondido. I-15 was then US 395 and was two lanes each direction. Traffic was bad during rush hour but very reasonable otherwise. Last year when we were out there I found I-15 to be the worst traffic and slowest going in the whole area. And in places it is now seven lanes in each direction!

Somewhere in the I-8 corridor puts you more in the middle of things, whether you are on the west end near the beach or the east end near the mountains. But, to each..

Helen and Bill, I think Vicki emailed you already but she probably only hit the highlights. There are so many things to see and do in that area. I only lived there nine years. She was there from the time she was 10 weeks old until I moved her out at almost 28. We've been back several times to visit her family and the area again.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote