Thread: Full Time TV
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 03:33 AM   #13
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
I use Dish Network with a Dish 500. Most of the time I mount it on a suction cup mount stuck to the side of the Monty (see another thread on this with photo - from the Great Lakes rally). I carry a tripod for those times when I need to dodge trees. I can usually tune in both the 110 and 119 satellites pretty quickly if there are no obstructions. Lately, however, I've received the 129 satellite on the 110 LNB. After literally hours on the phone with Dish technicians, we've been unable to figure out how to avoid that situation. For the networks, I subscribe to the Chicago stations for an additional $5.99 per month. When I can't get the 110 satellite, I switch to the Los Angeles networks because they come in on 119. Although the Dish 500 has two LNBs, I only need to connect one to get all the stations. I can connect the second one to my bedroom TV - had to install an additional cable connection for that. The receiver in my entertainment center is a DVR, so I can record programs and skip commercials. The dish rides in the back of my truck while traveling, and the suction cup mount rides in the basement. Weight is negligible. I use the Monty's antenna to get local weather, news, etc. I recently added a cable connection for those times when cable TV is included in campground fees and/or nothing can be received through the antenna, but I haven't tested it out yet.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote