View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #19
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Back to the legs. Do they now work?

Sometimes over retracting them causes the jam nut inside to lock up.If really stuck you have to remove and disassemble the leg to free it up. You want to *NEVER* over extend or over retract those legs. Many of us marked the legs so we could see how far they were from their limits. I don't remember the exact measurements but I can find them if interested. I seem to recall 19" of travel but I am not positive.

You say the legs work smoothly. There are two parts to the leg system. The manual inside leg you adjust with the pin. The other is the driven part which is where the problem may lie. Which one works smoothly? Even under load?

The caps on the top of each leg pop off. Some pour some 90 weight oil (not a lot) in there hoping it will work its way down to the drive screw. Too much oil and you will have it leaking out the bottom of the legs. It is not a perfect system but is seems to help. Later models of the legs had a zerk fitting which could be used to lube the drive screw.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote