View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
lenlin84
Established Member

M.O.C. #7530
REAR HITCH ON TRAILER

We fulltime in our '03 Monty 3255RL towed with a '99 F350 7.3 diesel. With the price of diesel, we need to have some other mode of transportation just to putt down to the store or just around town. We have become interested in getting a motorscooter of appropriate size to carry us around. At 85 to 95 mpg it seems to be the right thing to do and they are fun to drive. That being said, our problem becomes, how do we take it along with us??? I'd like to add a hitch to the back of the trailer to carry it. Weight of the scooter will be in the 225 to 275 lbs.
Has anyone installed a hitch on the back of their trailer? I contacted Keystone and all I get from them is that they don't recomend adding anything to the rear of the trailer. I don't know why it wouldn't be possible, the frame rails in this unit are 10 inch steel I-beam's. Seems to me that they should be able to hold up a scooter/support rail assembly that would be no more than 300# max. Weight on the trailer pinbox up front is about 2000#'s. Anybody have any experiance on a project like this?????
lenlin84 is offline   Reply With Quote