View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 06:46 AM   #7
Montana_2730
Established Member

M.O.C. #2730
Let me answer question concerning ease of removal of furnace. I can only speak for my 2955. Unplug battery and any other power. Remove the air return grill below the frig. Remove inboard cover from furnace. Remove two screws from bottom of furnace holding it to floor. Remove wire nuts from thermostat wiring. Cut off the cheap wire splices to furnace at the splice (replace later with wire nuts). Remove 2 inch duct outlet an set aside. Protect wood at air grill with masking tape so when you drag furnace out it does not scratch the faux finish. Time to remove 10 minutes pull hard because you have to over come the duct the vent to outside air. Review the quality gasket and hole cut in your floor. Fix accordingly. Below re-installing furnace I removed the outside duct so I did not have to fight lining up the furnace and it. Re-install will take 30 minutes after you get everything sealed up to your liking. Disregard sticker on furnace saying do not remove except if you are a trained mechanic. Reason is, IF THEY HAD DONE IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME I WOULD HAVE TO BE DONGING IT NOW!!!!! Tie up and clean up the normal things you find with the factory wiring before re-installation.

Total cost to fix:

$2.00 worth of self-tapping screws
$9.00 roll of foil back insulation - Home Depot
$13.00 roll of two inch wide heating duct tape - Home Depot
$15.00 mud dobber screen for outside vent - Camping world
1 hour labor total

There are no air leaks, however, fan noise is still a problem.
Montana_2730 is offline   Reply With Quote