View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 09:38 AM   #4
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Thanks for a great tip. I've had a pc at home since 1980 and my career was in computers. I'd like to think I know a thing or two about them although I'll be the first to say I don't know anywhere near everything and continue to learn. I was not aware of the Disk Cleanup applet. I've been doing those things manually, to the point of having a shortcut on the desktop to temp folders, etc., to assist and remind to cleanup. The Disk Cleanup applet is a sweet little applet that will save me some work.

Steve, after getting tagged every time I visit relatives or close family friends and spending the time to do the above to their machines it was very nice to find the write-up to forward on to them. One thing that does surprise me is the amount of spy-ware you find on your machines even if you are diligent with firewalls and anti-virus management. Especially if you use Microsofts Internet Explorer as my wife does. I deleted well over 400 tracking cookies and removed hundreds of spy-ware objects off her machine the first time going through it..
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote