View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #8
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Well, I hooked up the TT, everything was set; we pulled out and got on the road. Arriving at our destination (Hilton Head, SC), I proceeded to unhook the TT until I went to disconnect the load leveling bars and…YES I had left the small pipe/handle used to release the tension chains back at the house. It was not pretty. I must have asked at least 50 other campers if they had something that would work that I could borrow. I felt like I was back in the Boy Scouts when we use to send the new members out asking other campers if they had a left handed smoke bender they could use. Well, that was not all we had left home on that trip. After FINALLY being able to completely unhook I went to hook up the sewer line…I carry my sewer hoses and connectors in a small Rubbermaid container and YES you got it…it was still back in Merritt Island. So, we had to make a trip to the nearest Home Depot for a length of pipe to use on the load levelers and then an RV supply house run (Wal Mart) for a RV sewer hose. Now my wife is the one that goes through the check list, not me – and both items are now on the list.

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote