View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 11:07 AM   #11
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
I have a Pathways X1. My older rig had a "satellite in" connection on the outside next to,the entertainment center. It's just a pass thru to the satellite receiver. I just ran the cable down the side of the rig attached with cable clamps. As I said, it is an older rig and I don't mind the wire. Originally I hard mounted it to the roof and worked great, however 10 to 20% on the time, trees would block the satellites. I had to remove it for maintenance, and I decided to use it as a portable, PITA to set up every night booondocking at Walmart...or wherever. I fabricated detachable mounting plates and installed just forward of the rear ladder. When trees are in the way, I climb the ladder, unscrew 6 wing nuts and the RG6. I also fabricated a docking base with the original rubber feet from the dish, so when necessary I can move the dish anywhere on the roof or anywhere within the site. Had to move the dish last trip. I'm so glad that it was easy to do. I believe that King makes a dish that has a removeable mount.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote