View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 07:11 AM   #11
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
After you use the pink to winterize when you want to restart the system in the spring I have found that getting the taste of the pink out of the fresh water system is pretty easy. I do exactly the same procedure that I did to install the pink with this difference. I take an empty gallon bottle or two and add 1 cup of white vinegar to each gallon and then fill with fresh water. I then drain the system using the low point drains with all the faucets open. I then run the pump and use the winterize port with the stub hose in a gallon jug of vinegar water. I run the vinegar water through all the faucets then drain everything again. After this I just hook up the city water connection or fill and use the FW tank and do a short flush using city water. This will neutralize the taste of the pink and will freshen the system. The vinegar method also works after sanitizing the system with bleach.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote