View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
O.K. I am not an electrician and I have trouble understanding Ohm's Law. But from experience, I offer the following:

When I had the IOTA 55 & IQ4 and the four golf cart batteries, the Honda 2000 barely accelerated for the converter, even when doing a high charge.

The IOTA died and I replaced it with a InteliPower 65. Still no major impact on the Honda.

The new Montanas come with a Xantrax 80 Amp converter.

Running the microwave on a Honda 2000 is problematical, at best, particularly for those of us with the Apollo. I have played around recently and found I can get the Apollo to run *IF* I turn off the breakers for everything (especially the converter) else in the rig.

The size of the wires in my trailer connecting the converter charge circuit to the batteries is more than sufficient to handle the output of the IntelliPower.

Therefore, following in the footsteps of Tim Taylor, I would select the 75 amp converter and just know that you will have to turn it off before firing up the microwave.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote