Thread: Your Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
[quote
1- I'll be towing with a 2011 sierra 3500HD dually four-door,do i need either the short,med or long box?
2- Should i buy the 5 year extended warranty?
3- Will it hold up well over say ten years,will the maintenence become an issue?
4- I Keystone good with their warranty work?
5- Iv'e been warned that Keystone uses "China Bomb"tires on their new rigs,is that true?
6- I will be hauling a 5x10' cargo trailer hehind it on occasion,will the Montana handle that?

Number 1: Great choice. I have a 2008 3500 GMC Sierra SINGLE rear tires and love it. One thing you will get on the 2011 that I don't have, is an exhaust brake. I'm harrassing GM about retrofitting the older rigs.
Number 2: Your choice, it IS expensive, but then so is replacement of say, a refrigerator. Haven't used our warranty.....yet!
Number 3: Should be no problem....IF you take care of it.
Number 4: They've been good to us so far.
Number 5: Don't know what the new rigs have. Dang near everything is made in China now. I know the Big Sky's were running Carlisles.
Number 6: Bad idea. I don't think Montana will warranty the trailer if they find out, and that's a LONG rig you will be pulling. Some states won't allow it. And, as others have said, the frame could be an issue.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote