Thread: RGV 'Skeeters'
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 06:19 PM   #16
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Ozz,

There are big skeeters here as well as little skeeters. They come in all sizes since Dolly hit. I am a native Texan, an must say that they have been invaded by the critters. They did have over 8 inches of rain before Dolly hit, so there was water for them to breed in before she came on land. So much water has to drain some where, but water fell where it is supposed to drain, so water is standing.

They are spraying, but not every day, and not every where. They put a number up on the TV stations for you to call if you need someone to spray. They are spraying every other day here at the Fun N Sun every other day at night, but nothing like the spraying that went on at the parks during Katrina.

I am concerned about West Nile Virus and Heartworm for Alex our cat. When you come into your RV you probably allow 3 to 15 skeeters into your RV. They seem to love the grass and pop out of it when you walk in it to get to your RV.

South Padre has fewer skeeters than other areas as the water has drained off and there isn't standing water. They still have lots of them, but not the B 52s in other areas.

I am worried about people that are still wading through standing water to get to there homes.

I think I have about 15 to 20 bites on me...... not going to think about it as I will want to scratch something.

Colleen

PS No spell check done...to late.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote