View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
A sign of the times???

I cant believe what I am witnessing. My partner at work is trying to purchase a SOB and it seems no one wants to sell him one. I thought the economy was in the dumps but apparently all is good. Here is his plight:

Dealer one; They had the exact trailer the family was looking for. A nice super light with back slide pull behind and bunk beds for the kids. They went and looked at it a couple times and then decided to make the offer and buy the trailer. During paperwork, dealer #1 inflates income figures etc to get them into a better loan. Bank figures this out and walks away from deal. He goes to credit union and secures loan at higher rate and time. Now finds out, dealer #1 overcharged sales tax. They get that straightened out. He agrees to have the trailer delivered today only to find out dealer # 1 didnt even pull the trailer out after financing went south first time. Would be hard to prep and be ready today is the official story.

I knew that another dealer had the same trailer and told him (encouraged) to see if they wanted to sell a trailer. Seems dealer #2 also does not want to even return calls as all have gone to a phone machine.

I have been frantically trying o find something close in the Keystone line so I could get him to our dealership. So far nothing close to the floor plan they like.

Ya just got to wonder what these people are thinking? Makes you want to get a better tent instead, I am just glad my experience was not only enjoyable, but they saved us alot of money on our purchase.
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote