View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 07:23 AM   #2
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
You've got a different sub-panel than ours so I don't know if you could do what I did. I wanted to have the inverter power only the lower wattage things (relatively speaking), and not the air conditioner, fireplace, AC part of the refer, and washer/dryer (which we don't have yet). Our panel has all odd numbered breakers on one 30 amp leg of the 50 amp service, and all the even breakers on the other. I left the leg that had the majority of those high wattage things on it and cut the leg to the other one, running it to and from our 4kw inverter. By doing this, I can only run the air conditioner when I've shore power (and all those other things as well) since our battery bank isn't big enough to run it for more than a half hour or so. When we're dry camping, the inverter will power the large TV & sound system, the microwave and all the outlets & the few AC lights that are left. It's up to us to manage the amount of power we use in this situation. When we've shore power, everything works off it (the inverter is in bypass mode).