Old 11-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #10
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenkco View Post
Ok, folks for those that want to listen:
You are not buying a pound of potatoes or a loaf of bread. Comparing what you pay for insurance is a worthless exercise. Let me explain.

You are purchasing a contract. They vary greatly in terms of conditions and loss settlement provisions.

One policy might cover your rig for ACV (actual cash value) which in essence is the deprecated value.
We all know how much our rigs depreciated the minute we drove them off the lot

Another policy might cover replacement cost for the first 5 years, then revert to ACV in year 6

Yet another policy might cover replacement cost for the first 5 years, then revert to purchase price from year 6 into perpetuity .

Some policies can include modifications, personal property, full timers liability, awning wind damage. The list goes on and on.

Do you think that these policies that offer such different coverages would cost the same?
Further, you may have a really good contract and move to another company, losing all your benefits and not be able to re-obtain them.

How do I know this?....I am an insurance agent. My office is located in the middle of the firestorm in Santa Rosa, CA. I have more that 60 clients that escaped with just the shirts on their backs. They have lost everything. 6500 homes and thousands of cars are now just ash. Coverage is all of a sudden important. Good luck to those that bought insurance from 1800.......

I have been advising clients, my own and anyone else that will listen for 45 plus years.

just sayin.......your premiums are important to your budget, I get that. Your coverage is far more important when you are faced with a loss.

Lastly, and I'll get off my soap box, promise....do you think for one second that those that "can save you 15% or....." have one thought or concern about providing you with the best policy commensurate with your needs?

Normally that have ZERO loss settlement options and will not take the time to analyze what you have and what your going to be buying or replacing. Did they ask to read your contract?They might take the time to get you the same limits or deductibles but that's it.

They focus on one thing...price. Which is what most of the public focus in on too....until you're faced with a loss, then no one cares how much they paid, just how much is covered.

Thieves? One of my clients just took delivery of his new replacement RV after his burned....his cost, zero. 100% covered by insurance.

Ken
Ken, I always appreciate your comments and the sharing of your expertise. It's really not that complicated if people just take the time to read and understand their coverage. Thanks,
Jim