Thread: Home..
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #42
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Well, the turn I have to make to get in my property parking place is a tight 90 degree turn on top of a hill at a crossroads. I was backing the trailer in, the 2 drivers side trailer tires were in a muddy ditch about 6" deep, the right truck tire was on the ledge of the asphalt road with about 9"-10" of drop off, I was getting out of the truck to check the truck tire, Sue was blocking traffic coming up the hill (a blind spot) and... there was traffic I was holding up in front of me. I can't pull foreword, that road goes down a steep hill, my truck would not be able to back the trailer from that way.
It is threading the needle every time I do it. I had the truck away about 4" from touching the window, got out, checked the tire location, motioned to the backed up traffic I would be done in a few minutes, and when I got in and backed up...Bam, the window exploded. The muddy ditch lowered that side of the trailer I guess, and I wasn't perfectly in place.
Oh, and I can't enter from the other direction, the turns are too steep.
Not easy being the Ozzman....

Hey, Ozz, the Google pictures are great. I even see the Montana parked at your house. I’m assuming the house directly beside the Montana is where you live. Pictures don't always show a true perspective but would you be able to turn in just the opposite of how your Monty is parked in the photo and then make a U-turn into your drive? If so then maybe you could possibly pull straight out of your drive. Of course if there is room I realize you would have to modify a few things but if I lived there and there is room I would be tempted to look into a circle drive for the Monty or something similar to avoid the backing problem you have.