View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 02:51 AM   #23
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Morning all, lets see how I can respond to Snownyet this early, while I have my java (something a bit ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww about coffee and pooooo, but, I'll give it a shot!)

1.) No one can see in the tanks, so we are not really sure what affect ice may have. Maybe one of those back up mirrors could be installed?? More ewwwwwwwwwwww, you could watch the sloshing in your truck monitor as you ran down the road. Just kidding people! HA HA

2.) Ice is HARD, like rocks. We don't want rock hard stuff smacking the sides of our tanks, possibly doing damage, of, course, since we cannot see in there, we won't know there is damage till we get the dreaded black stuff running out on the ground or somewhere, more ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Other points:

1.) Sensors are always bad. Don't pay attention to any of them, cept the fresh water one, and question it.

2.) More water. ALWAYS, MORE MORE MORE!

3.) Less paper, ALWAYS, LESS LESS LESS! The lightly used stuff goes in a trash can, not in the toilet. ALWAYS!! They did it for years with boat toilets. Worked for them.

4.) Flush, flush, flush, part 2 of number 2 above. Get that clear elbow thingy and flush till clean. Flush frequently, not once a camping season.

5.) Use paper that passes the dissolve test, the RV safe stuff MAY not pass, last test a friend did, it flunked. We have started using only White Cloud, one ply, yes, one ply. Those that have read our posts before will distinctly remember I have always said, NO ONE PLY for this gal. But, the White Cloud passes the dissolve test and it passed my "is it soft and thick enough test" .

Other things that cross my clouded thoughts, ha ha, white cloud, clouded, okkkk, I need more coffee:

If it is a hot day, it is our take that you would need to put that ice down there just before you pull out on the highway, any delay would start melting, cut affectiveness and waste the ice.

You cannot get ice down the galley or gray tanks, and believe me, if you have seen the concrete like substance that can collect in those tanks you would think, hey, this stuff is at least as bad as the TP on the sides of the black tank.

Why waste ice and $$ on this??? If you have an onboard ice maker, this will not come into the equation, but, I can think of many other much more pleasant uses for $2.00 to $10.00 worth of ice. Manhattans come to mind!

It is our opinion that if you use the right TP - keeping the excesses out of the black tank, lots of water, flush the system frequently, use a few cents worth of Calgon (vs several dollars of ice), and questionable results, that the use of ice is a waste of a good resource.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote