View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #103
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BirdingRVer

Steve,

You took your pickup down the Shafer Trail!!!!!

I would need a blindfold to be a passenger even in a small jeep down that thing.

Grant
Sure did, Grant. It really wasn't as bad as it looks although some of the hairpin turns would have required a back and forth with a dually. I had the Ford at that time, crewcab, shortbed, with the tighter turn radius from the front suspension they put on the 4x4's from 2005 on. I think Vicki had her eyes closed much of the way down and I did notice her death grip on the door armrest.

Bigmurf, I would dearly love to have a Jeep to do Gemini Bridges and some of the other trails in that area. In this case I stopped at one of the tour places and asked if my truck could do the Gemini Bridges trail. "No sweat" they said after looking at the truck. The picture of the trail is in my earlier post. We got to a point I wasn't willing to risk the truck, or us. So we took the highway around to the dirt road clear up towards Canyonlands and got to Gemini Bridges that way. I suspect the tour guy thought I meant we were going that easier route. Or he was putting me on and had a story to tell his fellow tour guides.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote